The Obelisk is a fast, user-friendly truing machine with two operating nipple keys.
The use of modern techniques, such as brushless servomotors without gearboxes and digital control mean that the Obelisk can be set with great accuracy. With a production speed of 40 to 100 wheels per hour, the Obelisk is one of the fastest machines of its type.
In the Obelisk truing machine a stabiliser module can be incorporated in the housing of the truing machine. This set up allows stabilizing without extra handling, wheel buffering or logistics.
Simple operation by means of graphical user interface The graphical user interface makes operating the Obelisk intuitive. Use of computers enables collection of production data over a long period. The data can be transferred to your production system via a network connected to the machine. Remote operation and diagnosis are also possible.
Low maintenance The Obelisk’s brushless servo motors without gearbox and the digital servo control guarantee a maintenance free, accurately controllable drive to the nipple keys, with continuously adjustable torque. This means that the wheel quality can be more accurately supervised, substantially increasing the quality. The non contact system for measuring wheel hop and wobble reduces maintenance even further.
- Automatic setting for different wheel diameters,rim height (deep-V 50 mm) and spoke angle
- Detection of front, rear and derailleur wheels
- Adjustment of in feed and out feed channel
- Sstorage of production data (wobble, hop, processing time, quantity)
- Simple operation via graphical user interface (GUI)
- Brush less (no wearing) servo-motors for the nipple keys
- AC digital servo-amplifier (accurate control)
- Continuously adjustable torque.
Capacity: 40 to 100 wheels per hour
Wheel diameter: 16” to 28” (special diameters on request)
Dimensions: 1.2 m x 1.6 m x 1.0 m (w x h x d, ex. buffers)
Weight: 500 kg
Air pressure: 6 bar operating pressure
Air consumption: 100 l/min.
Power consumption: 1.0 kW maximum
Power supply: single-phase 230 V, 50/60 Hz